A trend that has only gotten bigger over the years is having engagement photo’s taken to help announce your big news. Obviously, you want your shots to come out beautifully, so you will need two things: a good photographer and the knowledge of the do’s and don’ts of engagement photos.
- Do be yourself. You want these photos to capture the true essence of your relationship, so don’t pretend to be serious when you and your fiancé are goofballs. Just be yourselves for the best results.
- Do bring severals outfits. Having two or three sets of clothing will add dimension and variety to the shoot. Try to have one casual outfit and another outfit that you might wear on a date night. (Pro Tip: Make sure all your clothing is pressed and hung so you both look neat.)
- Do use props. If there is a trinket or note that has special meaning to you as a couple, incorporate it into your engagement photos to add even more sentimentality.
- Do move around. Planned poses don’t always capture you and your fiancé as a couple. Play around, laugh, and be cuddly. Act as if the camera isn’t there so your photos truly embody your relationship.
- Do seize the opportunity. Engagement photos are the perfect chance to take “save the date” type photos to send to your loved ones. Use the photos to create cards or magnets as cute reminders.
- Don’t completely match. It’s one thing to coordinate outfit colors, but you don’t want to look like twins.
- Don’t wear logos. You want these photos to be about you and your fiancé, not the brand plastered on front of one of your t-shirts.
- Don’t get a new beauty treatment. The last thing you’ll want is a haircut or tanning session gone wrong ruining your photos. Aim to schedule these no later than a week before taking your engagement photos.
- Don’t wear hats. Guys, unless that ballcap has some serious significance to your relationship, leave it at home for these photos.
- Don’t be afraid to get dirty. Some of the best engagement photos you can take involve you and your fiancé sitting or lying on the ground. Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
After having your engagement photos taken, you’ll definitely need to start figuring out where to have your big day. Italian Center Banquets offers a grand ballroom, recently updated décor, and a staff dedicated to accommodating your every need. Our facility is the ideal location for your special event or photoshoot in Fairfield County.
For more information about having your special event at Italian Center Banquets, contact us here!